|HOME | FREE NEWS SUBMISSION | PREMIUM PR DISTRIBUTION | PR COPYWRITING | RSS FEEDS | TESTIMONIALS | CONTACT|
Music Releases |
|Advertise | Artist Development | Submit Video | MusicDish*China | MusicDish e-Journal | MusicDish Network | Urban Music News Network|
Converse CONS To Debut CONS PROJECT: LOS ANGELES
Converse CONS announces the launch of CONS Project: Los Angeles, the second installment in a series of global community projects designed to inspire the next generation of creative spirits through music, art, style and sport. The free workshops will take place February 21-23 (address and details below).
Calling on local artists, photographers, directors, skateboarders and musicians of all genres to participate, this specialized program will offer a weekend of free, interactive workshops led by an expert roster of famed veterans and up-and-coming superstars, including musicians Sam James Velde, The Shrine, Alexander Spit, and REMIO; street artists, Secret Walls; photographer, Brick Stowell; skateboarder, Don "Nuge" Nguyen," and key CONS Skateboarding Ambassadors, Kenny Anderson and Louie Lopez.
Geared towards the next generation, CONS Project: Los Angeles will offer extensive, hands-on seminars for local youth ranging from ages 16 up, at no cost.
Coinciding with the launch of the Converse CONS Spring footwear collection on February 14, CONS Project: Los Angeles is the highly-anticipated follow-up to CONS Project: Brooklyn - the acclaimed first, three-part series that debuted in November 2013 at Converse Rubber Tracks in Brooklyn, NY.
To register and view the complete CONS Project: Los Angeles schedule, click on above link.
Friday, February 21
· Art Battle Workshop: "Street" drawing battles hosted by art collective, Secret Walls
Saturday, February 22
· Do-It-Yourself Merch Workshop: Learn DYI promotion skills for starting a band/brand with musician, Sam James Velde; record label, Burger Records; band, The Shrine, and skateboarder, Don "Nuge" Nguyen
· Music Video Workshop: Make a music video with a leading director and special guest artists
Sunday, February 23
· Zine Workshop: How to create a street culture relevant 'zine with rapper Alexander Spit, photographer Brick Stowell and artist REMIO
· Skate Video Workshop: How to produce a skateboarding video with Six Stair producers and CONS Skateboarding Ambassadors Kenny Anderson, Louie Lopez and other CONS skateboarders
The following Saturday, CONS Project: Los Angeles will culminate with a collaborative art, film, skate, and music showcase on Saturday, March 1 with an exclusive concert by various artists.
Converse CONS Project:
828 South Main Street
Los Angeles, CA 90014