|HOME | FREE NEWS SUBMISSION | PREMIUM PR DISTRIBUTION | PR COPYWRITING | RSS FEEDS | TESTIMONIALS | CONTACT|
Music Releases |
|Advertise | Artist Development | Submit Video | MusicDish*China | MusicDish e-Journal | MusicDish Network | Urban Music News Network|
Karma-Lab Releases KARMA Motif 3.1 - 5 Yamaha Instruments And OS X 10.9
Westfield, NJ, Feb 16, 2014 - Karma-Lab has released KARMA Motif Software Version 3.1, a major update that adds support for several more Yamaha instruments and Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9. A free update for any current owners, version 3.1 adds the following new features and improvements:
• supports 5 Yamaha instruments: Motif XF, Motif XS, MOXF, MOX and Rack XS
• supports Mac OSX 10.4.11 through 10.9.x Mavericks, Universal
• supports Windows XP through Windows 8.1, 32 and 64-bit
• supports the Steinberg CMC-PD and CMC-QC external controllers, among others
• adds additional control ports for use with more external devices at the same time
• new Previous Scene, Next Scene and Startup Scene functions
• new Phase Activity Display shows the relationship of each Module's Phase Pattern
• support for scrolling via MouseWheel/Trackpad where applicable
• revised and updated Help File including .pdf version; new and updated Tutorials
• other new features, enhancements, and improvements.
KARMA Motif brings developer Stephen Kay's award-winning and patented KARMA algorithmic music technology to a number of Yamaha Motif-based models, giving them extensive new interactive groove generation, arpeggiation and arranger-like capabilities. The software uses the Song/Mixing/Multi Mode of the Motif-based instruments to provide 16 part multi-timbral templates with the kind of fully interactive real-time controlled grooves that only KARMA can produce.
The software includes the ability to use the keyboard's Remote Mode to control all of KARMA's functions directly from the keyboard, while KARMA sends parameter information and values directly to the keyboard's display. This allows you to control KARMA from the keyboard without looking at the computer, and makes it feel like the KARMA software is built-in to the keyboard.
KARMA Motif uses the keyboard's Song/Multi/Mixing mode, where each of the included KARMA Performances is a complete, 16 part multi-track six-module KARMA algorithmic music groove, with a left hand and right hand zone for controlling KARMA and soloing on top of it, and eight fully voiced and completely different scenes. The keyboard's arps are also additionally integrated in each Performance as additional elements that can be added via KARMA's Intelligent Chord Trigger Transposition features. And since you are already in Song Mode, you're just one step away from recording your KARMA-fied musical performances into the internal sequencer - or you can route the output to any DAW for external sequencing. Furthermore, a KARMA Performance can call up any Voice, Performance, Song, Pattern, or Master slot when loading, so that KARMA can be used in any of the supported model's modes.
KARMA Motif is available directly from Karma-Lab for US $199. A 13 minute Video Introduction on the Motif XF is available demonstrating many of KARMA's interactive performance capabilities. More information, including links to documentation, tutorials and user forums, can be found at karma-lab.com/karma-motif.