|HOME | FREE NEWS SUBMISSION | PREMIUM PR DISTRIBUTION | PR COPYWRITING | RSS FEEDS | TESTIMONIALS | CONTACT|
Music Releases |
|Advertise | Artist Development | Submit Video | MusicDish*China | MusicDish e-Journal | MusicDish Network | Urban Music News Network|
Introducing Kelsey Ellison – One Of The True Queens Of The You Tube Phenomena
Pom Pom – the debut single, written by the same team behind Nicola Roberts' 'Beat of My Drum' & Neon Jungle's 'Trouble'.
While musically others have pushed for success through You Tube in the more traditional Western genres of pop, rock and urban, UK born Kelsey has opted for music that encompasses the genres of J-pop (Japanese Pop) and K-pop (Korean Pop), whilst creating a sound which she describes in her own words as ‘Disney meets Die Antwoord’. Having garnered features in MTV and Cosmopolitan already, along with a photo shoot with the much revered Alis Pelleschi , it’s a sound which definitely stands out amongst an endless torrent of uninspired pop music.
From an initial foray into the respective genres in 2010 with her quirky dance influenced video Luka Luka Night Fever, multi-talented Kelsey aka Kimona Time has amassed some 6 million You Tube views with her playful music, fun videos and fashion savviness - a product of ‘Harajuku/K-pop trends meets British avant-garde punkiness’.
Kelsey now presents her UK entrance single-the chirpily named Pom Pom. Written by Dimitri Tikovoi and Maya Von Doll (who were behind Nicola Roberts’ Beat of My Drum) and produced by Ben Berry (who wrote and produced Neon Jungle’s Trouble) the single has a quality team behind it.
It’s a track that makes no pretences to be anything other than a song that aims to put a smile on the face of those that listen to it. Complete with a playful video mixing animation and reality, plus her signature dance routines, Pom Pom is the sound you would get if K-pop, J-pop and Western pop went on a blind date taking in a kebab and sushi respectively! And like the opening lyric of the song it's 'Disney gone wrong'.
POM POM RELEASED-28 04 14
• She boasts 600 000 views with her dance cover of the South Korean hit Gangnam Style
• The popular Hanamaru Market TV show featured her dance video Luka Luka Night Fever.
• Her Kyary Pamyu Pamyu cover videos have also been featured on the successful Japanese TV show Space Shower TV.
• Kelsey has performed at events such as Hyper Japan, L.A.C, MCM, NemaCon, and Alcon
• Kelsey is featured on the debut album Gametime by Idol group Oishii Ichigo
• Kelsey has worked with is Walls Ice Cream, Ronan Parke (Britain’s Got Talent Finalist) and Limahl.