|HOME | FREE NEWS SUBMISSION | PREMIUM PR DISTRIBUTION | PR COPYWRITING | RSS FEEDS | TESTIMONIALS | CONTACT|
Music Releases |
|Advertise | Artist Development | Submit Video | MusicDish*China | MusicDish e-Journal | MusicDish Network | Urban Music News Network|
Top Five Finalists Announced In Competition For Harbourfront Centre's Fourth Annual SoundClash Music Award
Harbourfront Centre is thrilled to announce the selection of five incredible finalists in the competition for the SoundClash Music Award, an annual live music contest. Chosen by a panel of industry experts, the 2014 shortlist was selected from countless submissions entered by unsigned musicians from across the GTA during SoundClash's call for submissions in April.
From today until July 4, the public is invited to vote online at harbourfrontcentre.com/soundclash/ for their favourite shortlisted artist to win the 2014 SoundClash Music Award. To prove their chops in a live performance, each of the artists will play a set for voters during Harbourfront Centre's Canada Day Extravaganza on June 28 and 29.
The musicians are competing to win thousands in cash and other prizes, including vocal coaching, artist development, promotional photo shoots, and two roundtrip flights provided by WestJet to any destination in their network. When the final votes are counted, cash prizes equal to $10,000 will be divided among the top three finalists - with $5,000 going to first place, $3,000 for second place and $2,000 for third.
The following five musical acts are the nominees for the fourth annual SoundClash Music Award and will perform live at Harbourfront Centre this summer in a bid to be the best in the GTA:
• CANVAS - Toronto-based five-piece indie rock band led by award-winning songwriter and producer, Chris Graham
• DATU - Modern Fillipino tribal music crew infusing traditional sounds with hip-hop and electronic influences
• Keita Juma - Mississauga-based, English-born rapper and producer with a penchant for sculpting and refining classic hip-hop sound
• Maneli - Acoustic guitarist and composer translating a nomadic upbringing into an expansive, international musical style
• Pale Eyes - Musical duo made up of Lisa J. Smith and Ben McCarthy known for combining minimalist synth sound and emotionally urgent vocals
The winner of the SoundClash Music Award - to be announced in August - will perform one more celebratory set for the public at Harbourfront Centre's Hot & Spicy Food Festival on August 15.
Public voting is limited to one vote per IP address. For additional information the public may visit harbourfrontcentre.com/soundclash or call 416-973-4000. Harbourfront Centre is located at 235 Queens Quay West in the heart of downtown Toronto's waterfront.