|HOME | FREE NEWS SUBMISSION | PREMIUM PR DISTRIBUTION | PR COPYWRITING | RSS FEEDS | TESTIMONIALS | CONTACT|
Music Releases |
|Advertise | Artist Development | Submit Video | MusicDish*China | MusicDish e-Journal | MusicDish Network | Urban Music News Network|
Going To Asia With Bongo Boy Records Out Of The Garage Volume One
Bongo Boy Records Out Of The Garage Volume One is a compilation release with 10 Garage Rock songs by 9 International recording artists: Mark Lindsay, The WeeGees, Rage Of Angels, The Accelerators, KickBend, The Catholic Girls, The Chords UK, Zombie Garden Club and The Satisfactors
1. Like Nothing You've Seen - Mark Lindsay - 3.27
2. You Gotta Work - The WeeGees - 3.07
3. Nothing To Brag About - Rage Of Angels 3.23
4. Take It Or Leave It - The Accelerators 2.59
5. Half A Mile Away - Rage Of Angels 3.46
6. Spin - KickBend 2.42
7. Broken Records - The Catholic Girls 3.34
8. I Can't Let Go - The Chords UK 3.03
9. Hey Little School Girl - Zombie Garden Club 2.59
10. Sweet Sunshine - The Satisfactors 3.38
Release Date: 12/15/15 - Asia
Release Date: 1/12/16 - WorldWide
Radio | Review Copy Available at email@example.com
Audio Sampler Link http://picosong.com/Q55V/
Meet the artists on this great release.
01. Mark Lindsay - Like Nothing You've Seen 3.27 Mark Lindsay has had two Coolest Songs In The World on The Underground Garage" syndicated radio show hosted by Steven Van Zandt (Bruce Springsteen) – It is the leading track on this release. Mark Lindsay is the 60's pop icon and former lead singer of the 60's band Paul Revere & The Raiders (Columbia Records/Bongo Boy Records). Web Site: www.bongoboyrecords.com
02. The WeeGees You Gotta Work 3.07 Exclusive new song by The WeeGees - a garage rock track "You Gotta Work" (Nathaniel Mayer 1944 -2008). A churning funk-dance rhythm slice with the hardest-edged Southern R&B and vibes of Garage Rock flavors produced by Gar Francis. (The Doughboys/Mark Lindsay) and mixed by Danny Caruso. Recorded at Sonic Boom Studios, Raritan, NJ
Band Members: Vocals: Wayne Olivieri, Guitars: Vinnie Melito , Bass: Tony Prochilo
Farfisa Organ: Gar Francis, Harmonica - Wayne Olivieri and Saxophone - Vic Cappetta Web Site: www.wayneosongs.com
03.Rage Of Angels Rage Of Angels 3.23 In the mid '80s, Mia Moravis (vocals, guitar) and Nancy Catedral (vocals, bass) started a DC/Baltimore area garage band rock duo, called B*I*S (derived from a joke about their apparel). They proceeded to the studio to record three of Mia's original songs, one of which was Nothing to Brag About, which features guest guitarist John Jennings (Mary Chapin Carpenter, BeauSoleil, Iris Dement, Indigo Girls, et al.). The song garnered regional radio coverage and then a Billboard Songwriting Top Ten nomination. It became obvious to Mia and Nancy that they should expand the band, and they auditioned and brought aboard Anna Shauer (guitar, backing vocals), Lori Dale (lead guitar) and Shirley Purvis (drums), and RAGE OF ANGELS was born.
Lori had written music for a song, but had no lyrics or name for it. Mia provided both, and that song is Half A Mile Away. The band moved into a bigger, better performance-ready garage, where crowds gathered to watch the new all-girl band. They proceeded to a friend's small home studio to record the song. This song, too, garnered a Billboard Songwriting Top Ten nomination. Both songs were recently rescued from dusty analog tape and converted to the digital medium. (John passed away in October 2015, and Mia and Nancy are grateful to Bongo Boy Records for the opportunity to pay him homage) https://www.reverbnation.com/miamoravis
04.The Accelerators Take It Or Leave It 2.59 They released a number of self-produced vinyl records and cassettes and were featured on comps such as the Weird New Jersey collections with standout titles such as "Shades of Death Road". Their brand of fast and loud "power pop" music made them local club favorites throughout the late 1980s. https://www.reverbnation.com/theacceleratorsnj
05.Rage Of Angels Half A Mile Away 3.46 (See Track No3)
06.KickBend Spin 2.42 "What sets us apart from most bands is we don't try to sound like the latest fad. We draw upon our musical sensibilities to create honest and moving songs." – KickBend. http://www.kickbend.com/
07.The Catholic Girls Broken Records 3.34. The Catholic Girls were born when schoolgirls Gail Petersen and Roxy Andersen put their guitars together to form the first all-female band from New Jersey that would be signed to a major label. With Doreen Holmes on drums, The Catholic Girls released an album on MCA both in the USA and Australia as well as a special Armed Forces Edition. They embarked on 2 national tours, received widespread commercial airplay and debuted on MTV to the music of their new wave anthem, Boys Can Cry. In 1999, the original album was revived and released in CD format, and fans from the 80s were thrilled to have the girls in plaid back, as were many new fans they were making along the way. http://thecatholicgirls.net/
08.The Chords UK are a 1970s British pop music group, commonly associated with the 1970s mod revival, who had several hits in their homeland, before the decline of the trend brought about their break-up. They were one of the more successful groups to emerge during the revival, and they re-formed with the four original members for a UK tour in 2010
09. ZOMBIE GARDEN CLUB Fuzztones. Eternal Garage of the expanding mind. Fenders. Vintage tube amps. Vox Continentals. Yardbirds. Seeds. Standells. Blues Magoos. Did I mention fuzztones? Thumping kicks. Cracking snares.
Retro/modern. Kinda loud. Kinda now. ZOMBIE GARDEN CLUB is Johnny Douglas. From Toronto. Nashville now by way of L.A. Up from the dust and the dirt. Interstates snaking across the great, throbbing heart of America. And big guitars. Plugged in. Turned up. Hearts full of rain and eyes wide open. Fast cars. Late nights. Deep diamond veins to mine. Storms and the mornings after. Two lane black top over the edge of the world into a breathless sky. Girls smile. The band plays on.
10. The Satisfactors joins this release with their 2nd single that is climbing the charts in The Top 40 in The Netherlands - De Ned FM. "Sweet Sunshine" is track No. 10 on this release. The band members are Kenny Aaronson (Joan Jett/The Yardbirds), Gar Francis (The Doughboys/Mark Lindsay), Kurt Reil (The Grip Weeds) and Bruce Ferguson (The Easy Outs). www.thesatisfactors.com
Out Of The Garage will be made available for downloads, streaming and ringtones in Asia with Bongo Boy Records Asia distributor in Hong Kong, China this December. This release is will be available on iTunes, Amazon and other online retail outlets worldwide in January 2016.
Watch for The Out Of The Garage TV sponsor spot on 54 TV Channels in The USA with Bongo Boy TV distribution and promotions on 11 Major Cable Companies in January 2016. This TV Spot will air on TV in Cities like New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Antonio, Coast To Coast In the USA and also on their Roku distributor Go Indie TV in The UK, Canada and The USA.
Recently Bongo Boy Records has been named the most active Independent and Coolest label of 2015.
Other releases are the Bongo Boy Records Compilations Volume Series; which is an All Genre Compilation release are available in Asia, and full album releases by U Fly 2 London, Inches From Sin, The Cynz, Spoken Life, Michael Resin, Secret Lie and Gar Francis and other are scheduled for 2016 including the full catalog of Bongo Boy Records.
Bongo Boy Records Asia Web Site www.kanjian.com/bongoboyrecords
Bongo Boy Records USA Web Site www.bongoboyrecords.com
Contact the label at firstname.lastname@example.org