Music Industry News Network [02-04-2020]
Hit Songs Deconstructed Releases Its 2019 Year-end Hit Song Trend Report, The State Of The Hot 100 Top 10.
New York, NY - Hit Songs Deconstructed (www.HitSongsDeconstructed.com) today released its year-end trend report, The State of the Hot 100 Top 10: 2019 in Review.
This comprehensive 100+ page report provides critical insight into the compositional trends shaping the songs that chart in the Billboard Hot 100 Top 10 and the artists, writers, producers and labels behind them.
A few highlights from the 2019 report include:
• Only 58 songs charted in the Top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100, 23% fewer than in 2018
• The number of Pop songs doubled, surpassing Hip Hop for the first time since 2016
• Average song length fell from 3:36 to 3:10
• The percentage of songs landing under three minutes in length skyrocketed in popularity
• Average tempo jumped from 83 BPM to 91 BPM
• There was a notable increase in non-electronic instrumentation
• Alt/Indie and Singer-Songwriter sub-genres tripled in prominence during the last two quarters of 2019
For additional highlights from the report, please visit https://www.hitsongsdeconstructed.com/HSD2019Q4TRENDS.
About Hit Songs Deconstructed:
Hit Songs Deconstructed offers unparalleled insight into the craft and trends behind today’s hit songs and empowers music industry professionals with actionable data and analysis that can't be found anywhere else.
Our mission is to provide cutting-edge tools that help you understanding what’s driving today’s hits at the compositional, giving you an edge for success in a fast-changing musical landscape.
Our subscribers include leading industry professionals, include songwriters, producers, publishers and labels, who use our proprietary data and analysis to stay in tune with songwriting trends, hone their craft, benchmark songs, and make strategic songwriting, production and business decisions armed with hit songwriting analytics.
To learn more about Hit Songs Deconstructed, please visit www.HitSongsDeconstructed.com.
Copyright © 1997-2018 MusicDish LLC, all rights reserved. Text, graphics, and HTML code are protected by US and International Copyright Laws, and may not be copied, reprinted, published, translated, hosted, or otherwise distributed by any means without explicit permission.